Wednesday 22 April 2015

Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes � Both Homers Would Love This

I don�t have the energy or courage to cater for a living, but if I did, this Greek lemon chicken and potatoes would be one of my go-to entrees, and not just for big, fat weddings. It�s a proven crowd-pleaser, simple to make, and easy on the wallet.

I had a whole chicken to use, but I really like to do this with all leg/thigh sections, which can roast longer, and that means even more caramelized goodness. If you do use a whole chicken, you can remove the breast sections from the roasting pan before the thighs, and cook the dark meat longer, but I couldn�t be bothered, and the results were delicious.

The extra potato crusting is an optional step, as is turning the drippings into a quick sauce, but both only take a few minutes, and really elevate the dish. Like I said at the end of the clip, this is something I could easily make once a week, and the leftovers are extremely picnic friendly. I hope you give this a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 4 Portions Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes:
1 whole chicken, about 4 pound, cut in sections,
OR 4 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
3 russet potatoes, cut in quarters
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 rounded tablespoon dried oregano
pinch of cayenne
6 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
2/3 cup chicken broth for the pan, plus a splash to deglaze after roasting
fresh chopped oregano to garnish
Roast at 425 for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is well browned and cooked through.